2 minutes read

Gervonta Davis arrested for alleged domestic violence

gervonta davis arrested again featured image
Gervonta Davis has found himself facing another criminal charge, after previously having been charged several times before. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

The 28-year old WBA (Regular) Lightweight champion was arrested on Tuesday, December 7th, in Florida, and subsequently jailed after allegations of causing bodily harm. As of today, there has been little news forthcoming from the police office regarding the charges, the reason for the arrest and the alleged victim. He has been held without bond.

Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis (27-0, 25 KO’s) was slated to fight Hector Garcia (16-0, 10 KO’s) on January 7 – next week – at the Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. It is, as of yet, still unknown whether their fight (or the event) will be resumed in the upcoming week.

gervonta davis arrested again image 1
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – DECEMBER 05: Gervonta Davis (R) punches Isaac Cruz during their WBA World Lightweight Championship title bout at Staples Center on December 05, 2021 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Katelyn Mulcahy/Getty Images)

Davis has been involved in prior incidents with the law. In February of 2020, Gervonta Davis he faced two charges for misdemeanor battery after allegedly hitting his former girlfriend in public. Those charges were later discharged.

In that same year, in November, he was involved in a hit-and-run incident where he was accused of fleeing the scene after injuring at least four people with his car, one of them being a pregnant woman. According to reports, he is still involved in this case and is scheduled to appear at court on February 16 of 2023.

Premier Boxing Champions, the boxing promotion involved in promoting Davis, has yet to comment on the incident, but as of today there has been no word on a cancellation of the Davis/Garcia bout that was supposed to occur next week.

UPDATE 28/12/2022

Gervonta Davis has been released from jail after his $1000 bond for a release was paid. Prior to his release, he had visited court earlier in the day where he was told to stay away from the unknown victim, and the $1000 bond was set.